We are less than two weeks away from the Alumni Homecoming, and exactly one week from the ticket deadline. DTHers are deadline-oriented people, but you know you’ll feel better if you hop off the fence and buy your ticket!
If you are curious about who’s coming, you can browse the RSVPs on the Facebook event. It’s shaping up to be a great event for fellowship and networking:
- There will be at least 11 editors-in-chief in attendance at the Saturday evening event, from Distinguished Alumni Award recipient Ed Yoder to current EIC Paige Ladisic.
- People are traveling to Chapel Hill from seven states and the District of Columbia. Within North Carolina, folks are coming from the mountains to the sea.
- The list of attendants includes at least one graduate from every decade from the 1950s to the 2010s.
- The list also shows the full array of professions to which the DTH contributes workers: print and digital journalists, freelance writers and photographers, public relations/marketing professionals, professors, attorneys and more.
For a full list of the weekend’s events, click here, and go here for a look at our lineup of professional development sessions. We are excited to make training part of our weekend at a time when professional newsrooms have smaller training budgets.
Five for Five Raffle!
During the weekend, we will be selling raffle tickets to raise money for DTH student travel, technology and scholarships. The grand prize is a pair of UNC basketball tickets!
One $5 raffle ticket gets you entered into five rounds of drawings for prizes including classic DTH t-shirts, a date with a DTH celebrity, a journalism-specific goodie basket, framed DTHes from the 2009 basketball championship. The fifth-round winner gets two tickets to the UNC-Syracuse game on Feb. 29.
The tickets will be on sale throughout the weekend, and winners drawn near the end of the dinner party on Saturday, Feb. 20.
- You have one week to buy your tickets to alumni homecoming on Feb. 19-20. The registration deadline is Feb. 15.
- You don’t have to come to the event to buy a DTH t-shirt or coffee mug, or make a donation to the DTH. on the same registration page.
- You don’t have to come to the event to join the DTH Alumni Association by filling out your profile on this site.
- Once you’re in Chapel Hill for the event, help us raise more money for DTH student travel, technology improvements and scholarships by buying one or more $5 raffle tickets.