Coming to Chapel Hill this weekend? Things to know!

Thanks for registering for the DTH Alumni Homecoming Weekend!

Here are things you need to know while you are in Chapel Hill for a fun-packed weekend.

The schedule/locations:

Read a detailed schedule of events here. You are welcome to come to as many or few of these events as you would like.

Our full weekend of events will be at the following locations (maps linked):

The School of Media and Journalism in Carroll Hall The professional development sessions from 2:30-5:30 p.m. Friday and from 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday morning will all be held in the Freedom Forum Conference Center on the third floor of Carroll Hall. Carroll Hall is on the main quad of UNC’s campus.

The Daily Tar Heel, 151 E. Rosemary St. The 5:30 p.m. Friday evening office tour.

Linda’s Bar & Grill, 203 E. Franklin St. The 6:30 p.m. Friday Happy Hour and the Saturday afterparty

Hickory Tavern, 370-110 E. Main St. Carrboro. 1 p.m. Saturday game watching party.

R&R Grill, 137 E. Rosemary St. 6 p.m. Dinner party.

Checking in:

You can check-in at the first event you attend. We’ll have check-in tables at the Freedom Forum on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, the DTH office Friday afternoon and at R&R Grill Saturday night.

Parking and driving:

Parking will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the DTH lot at 151 E. Rosemary St. on Friday and Saturday. Other parking options in downtown Chapel Hill can be found here.

NOTE: On Saturday, there will be a 5K race on campus starting at 9 a.m. in front of the Kappa Delta sorority house on Franklin Street. Franklin Street will be blocked for a time. Use Rosemary Street when possible.

Five for $5 Raffle:

The Alumni Association is sponsoring a raffle to raise money for DTH technology improvements, newsroom travel and scholarships! You can buy raffle tickets at any of the alumni homecoming events, and the winners will be drawn during the dinner party. Prizes include DTH classic T-shirts, a journalist’s gift basket, a date with a DTH celebrity, framed 2009 championship editions, a Roy Williams-signed basketball. The grand prize is two tickets to the UNC vs. Syracuse men’s basketball game on Feb. 29. Buy as many tickets as you would like!!

Merchandise:

If you ordered DTH merchandise, it will be available for pickup at the DTH office during the office tour on Friday night or at the dinner party on Saturday. Merchandise can also be purchased at those times.

Posted in Uncategorized.