Join us in Chapel Hill for a special homecoming celebration on Feb. 19 and 20, 2016.
Friday, Feb. 19
- 2:30 p.m. to 5: 30 p.m.: Spend the afternoon honing your skills in both alumni- and student-led workshops at the Freedom Forum conference room at the UNC School of Media and Journalism.
- 5:30 p.m.: In the evening, join us for a tour of the recently-revamped Daily Tar Heel office, located at 151 E. Rosemary Street. This will be followed by a happy hour at Linda’s Bar & Grill.
Saturday, Feb. 20
- 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Saturday morning, there will be additional workshops and professional development opportunities. This will be an excellent chance to meet and work with current DTH students. Here is a more detailed schedule of speakers.
- The Tar Heels will play the Miami Hurricanes at 1 pm at the Dean Smith Center; buy tickets here. DTH alumni will also gather at Hickory Tavern to watch the game.
- The main event!! At 6 pm, join us for a dinner party at R&R Grill to reconnect with alumni of all ages at a celebration to raise money for scholarships, equipment and travel stipends for the Daily Tar Heel. We will give the inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award.
- For more information or to volunteer to lead a workshop, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register now to reserve space at this special celebration for the Daily Tar Heel’s 123rd birthday. Tickets are on sale now for $50 an individual and $90 for a couple. The reservation form also provides an opportunity for you make a donation to the DTH if you cannot attend the homecoming.