Jenny Surane, 2014-15 editor-in-chief and alumni association steering committee member, answers questions about the upcoming Homecoming weekend:
Would I have to be a journalist to get something out of this weekend?
Not at all! We designed this weekend to be about reconnecting with old friends. The professional development sessions will focus on topics in journalism; however, we believe there will be takeaways that you can use in any field. Journalism is going through this massive disruption, and we want to invite alums and current students to have thoughtful discussions about creative ways professionals can thrive in this new media environment. Those are discussions we believe everyone could benefit from!
How do I know if my friends are going?
That’s easy! You can tell everyone you’re going to the party of the year by posting on social media and encouraging anyone who hasn’t signed up to do so! The likes and comments will start rolling in with your friends letting you know they’ll be there too. You can also take a look at the RSVPs on the Facebook event.
What’s the absolute last day I can buy my ticket?
Wow. The inner-journalist in you can’t help but work until deadline. The thing is, we love that about you. So we’ve made it so you can purchase tickets until Feb. 15 — just four days before the big event — to sign up. We’d love to give you more time, but we have to get this stuff to the printer oops! we have to get the food order to our caterer!
I can’t go, but I’d still like to donate or purchase DTH memorabilia. How do I do that?
We’re bummed we’ll be missing you! But we’re honored you’d consider donating to the DTH. To donate, follow these simple instructions:
- Head to alumni.dailytarheel.com
- Click Reserve your tickets for the DTH Alumni Homecoming
- Fill in your name, email and phone number and click Continue Registration
- If you’d like to purchase memorabilia, you can see the options available here! Please remember to also click the “Non-attendee swag shipping” button, so we know where to ship it to!
- If you’d like to make a tax-deductible donation, please select that option and fill in the type of donation you’d like to do.
Have more questions? Let us know in the comments or by emailing email@example.com and we’ll answer them here!